Tynwald Worker Faces ZAR260,000 Theft Charge Over Ford Ranger Deal

Tynwald Worker Accused of Stealing ZAR260,000 in Failed Ford Ranger Deal

A Tynwald Truck Repairs employee has appeared in court over allegations that he took ZAR260,000 from a friend in a failed Ford Ranger import deal.

Chamunorwa Chisvo, 30, is facing a charge of theft of trust property.

He appeared before Harare magistrate Mrs Ruth Moyo following his arrest over the alleged vehicle deal.

Also Read: Hezy Motors Director Hazel Mafu Faces Fraud Charges Over US$624,000 Car Import Scam

Friend Trusted Chisvo With Money

The State alleges that the matter began in March 2026 when Lawrence Maindidza decided to buy a Ford Ranger Next Generation from South Africa.

According to the prosecution, Maindidza discussed his plans with Chisvo, who claimed he could arrange the purchase and transportation of the vehicle.

Chisvo allegedly quoted ZAR260,000 for the vehicle and its transportation to the Beitbridge Border Post Customs office.

The court heard that he then instructed Maindidza to transfer the money into an FNB account.

Chisvo allegedly told Maindidza that the account belonged to Ford South Africa.

Maindidza subsequently transferred the full ZAR260,000. The State said proof of payment is available and may be produced in court.

Ranger Never Arrived

Problems allegedly emerged after Chisvo failed to deliver the vehicle.

In April, Maindidza reportedly contacted him seeking an update on the Ford Ranger.

The State alleges that Chisvo then claimed he was travelling to South Africa to collect the vehicle from Ford before bringing it into Zimbabwe.

However, after several days, he allegedly changed his explanation.

Chisvo reportedly told Maindidza that authorities had seized the vehicle at the border over an alleged offence.

The court heard that he did not provide any documentation confirming that the vehicle had been seized.

He allegedly promised to resolve the matter, but repeated follow-ups from Maindidza reportedly yielded no results.

Police Arrest Follows Complaint

The State alleges that Maindidza eventually concluded that he had been deceived.

He reported the matter to the police on August 17, leading to Chisvo’s arrest.

Chisvo is now facing the theft charge in connection with the disappearance of the ZAR260,000.

The post Tynwald Worker Faces ZAR260,000 Theft Charge Over Ford Ranger Deal appeared first on iHarare News.